Dow Investment Group 401(k) Features at a Glance
Actively managed mutual funds often underperform the markets in which they are invested. Over the past 20 years, by owning common stocks directly, the typical investor could have earned, on average, 52% more than by investing in equity mutual funds.
BROAD ARRAY OF INDEX FUND CHOICES:
The Dow 401(k) offers plan participants a broad array of index fund choices. Historically, index funds have generated higher returns than the typical actively managed mutual fund. For employees with mutual funds, index funds may be the best long-term investment option. The Dow 401(k) includes index fund selections for each major investment style.
PRIVATE ACCOUNT, DIRECT-SECURITY INVESTING OPTION FOR HIGH-BALANCE PARTICIPANTS:
The ultimate goal of any investor should be to graduate from mutual fund investing to the direct ownership of securities where expected returns are higher. The Dow 401(k) offers this opportunity to those employees with large plan balances. For plan participants with $100,000 or more, employees are invited to work directly with our investment professionals.
A DIRECT INVESTMENT OPTION BACKED BY A HIGHLY QUALIFIED PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT TEAM:
Although some 401(k) plans may have a "self-directed" investment option, they may not offer employees access to portfolio managers qualified to help them invest wisely. With the Dow 401(k), your high-balance participants will have access to the same portfolio managers and investment strategies that are available to Dow's private clients.
LOW-EXPENSE RATIO FUNDS:
Long term investment success depends heavily on the efficiency of the investment process. The mutual funds in the Dow 401(k) are selected based on a variety of important criteria, one of which is their relatively low expense ratios.
CAPABLE & COST-EFFECTIVE PLAN ADMINSTRATION:
Dow Investment Group works with highly regarded thirdparty plan administrators who are experienced in the design and ongoing administration of customized retirement plans--plans that provide important features beyond those found in template 401(k)s.
EMPLOYEE CHOICE OF EITHER A ROTH 401(K) OR A TRADITIONAL 401(K):
Roth 401(k)s allow employees to contribute after-tax dollars which grow at tax-free rates. Employee contributions and earnings may be withdrawn after age 591/2 with no income tax liability.
- A Roth 401(k) may be a good choice for younger workers in a low income tax bracket who expect to be in a high bracket after reaching retirement.
- For older workers who have estate planning needs a Roth 401(k) may provide powerful wealth protection and transfer opportunities that are not available with a traditional 401(k).
COMPREHENSIVE INVESTOR EDUCATION, INCLUDING FREE INVESTMENT SEMINARS FOR YOUR EMPLOYEES:
You have a business to run. Yet, if you are the trustee for your company's retirement plan, you also have a fiduciary duty to your employees--a duty recently expanded to include helping to educate them on the most suitable investment choices.
The Dow 401(k) Corporate Retirement Plan helps you meet this obligation:
- Dow Investment Group offers a free investment seminar to you and your employees. The course, which provide an in-depth discussion of principles for successful investing, can be presented at your place of business.
Our course is approved by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy for continuing education credits for accountants and is approved by the Maine Board of Overseers of the Bar for continuing education credits for attorneys. So, you can be assured that your employees will receive more than just a cursory review of their investment options.
- In addition, your employees may enroll in our investment correspondence course to further their education.
It is a priority at Dow that our investment professionals are available to you and your employees.
- Dow Investment Group has a strong local presence, and your employees are invited to arrange for private investment consultations.
- We are on call to visit with you and your employees at your workplace.
Participants will receive personal advice and assistance.
For a no-cost review of your company's retirement plan, please e-mail us at email@example.com.